fb pixel

Title Services

We can help you manage all the paperwork.

At Expat Auto, we have a full range of title services to assist with all your Department of Land Transport (DLT) needs such as:

  • Ownership transfers
  • Yearly registration/ road tax renewals including smog and safety inspections and/or special yearly inspections for cars registered with alternate fuel systems such as LPG.
  • Change in address both in province, and changing registered province entirely (new plates).
  • Change in vehicle specifications such as engine, paint color, LPG/CNG additions, adding or removing a pickup bed canopy, etc.
  • Vehicle Passports for bordering country travel.


Not a DLT service, but needed for many DLT processes:

  • Certificate of residence from immigration (needed for buying and selling a car if no work permit with your house address in it).


For details on the paperwork required for all of these services, please see the FAQs below.

tern name:Title Services
get_term_link: https://expatautocm.com/faq-category/title-services/
wpml_element_link for term id, 340, (FALSE):

Title Services FAQs

Title Services

You can look in a few places:

1) The pink and blue registration sticker on our front windshield has the expiration date (day, thai month abbreviation, thai year).  For your convenience, when you buy a car from us or renew your registration through us, we provide a registration holding sticker that has the Thai month abbreviation and Bhuddist year conversion for you.

2) Alternatively you can also find the registration renewals records in the back of your blue title book.

3) In most cases the yearly registration expiration date is the same day/year the car was original registered when bought new so you can also see that info on the vehicle info page of your blue title book.

Be the first person to like this faq.

- Cars under 7 years old - just drop off your titlebook and we will have your new registration sticker done at the end of the next business day.  

- Cars 7 years or older - we will need the car for approximately 45 min to go get a smog and safety inspection done, after this you can take off and we will have your new registration sticker done at the end of the next business day. 

Be the first person to like this faq.

Tax is calculated by car cylinder capacity–or cc:


First 600 cc: 0.5 baht per CC

601-1800 cc: 1.5 baht per CC

1801+: 4 baht per CC


If the car is more than 5 years old you can calculate a tax deduction:

Year 6: 10%

Year 7: 20%

Year 8: 30%

Year 9: 40%

Year 10+: 50%


Here’s how to calculate. For example, an 11 year old 2,000 CC is going to be (((600 x 0.5) + (1200 x 1.5) + (200 x 4). Then reduce 50% since it’s older than 10 years. The total would be (300+1800+800) – 50% = 1,450 baht.


In addition to the road tax you have to pay for

  1. mandatory government insurance called Por.Ro.Bo. (P.R.B) which, for most vehicles is approximately 645 THB (can varies from about 323-1300 THB depending on registration type.)
  2. If the car is 7 years or older, 200 THB for a smog and safety inspection.
  3. If the car has LPG, than an LPG inspection is also required every year. Cost is approximately 500 THB.
  4. If you’d like us to arrange the renewal for you then see here for our service rates.

Be the first person to like this faq.

 You don’t have to right away, but if you don’t you won’t get any traffic tickets in the mail.  You cannot extend your yearly road tax/registration with outstanding tickets. However, you can pay for these tickets at the same time as your registration without any penalty fees.


Paperwork - 1) vehicle title book (original), 

2) Passport/ ID copy (picture page, visa, tm-30)

3) valid residency certificate (original) 


* In the case you want to correct the spelling of your name or changing your last name, then additional documents such as an old passport, marriage certificate, or other name change documents will be required.


DLT Fee - approx. 75 THB

EA Service Fee - check here for rates

Vehicle - not required

Be the first person to like this faq.

Yes, the vehicle registration type will need to be changed.


Paperwork - 

1) vehicle title book (original), 

2) Passport/ ID copy (picture page, visa, tm-30)

3) valid residency certificate (original)

4) Certified technician installation certificate


DLT Fee - approx. 150 THB

Other Fee - approx 1000 THB for certified technician installation certificate (unless this is included in your canopy purchase)

EA Service Fee

Vehicle - yes we need it for one day

Be the first person to like this faq.

This will need to be at the transport office or a Krung Thai bank.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Please see the menu above for Expat Autos service fee as well as the DLT fees.  There may be additional paperwork fees if the car has been modified in some ways such as pickups lift kit, etc.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Check out info and resources for getting a driver license here.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Contact Us About This Service


Everything you need to know about buying, selling and caring for your car while living in Thailand.

Recommended Businesses

Services You Can Trust In Chiang Mai Join us in supporting local businesses in Chiang Mai that are giving everything they've got to provide invaluable services and support to the community and to their team members. With over 4,000 homes in their database, the Expat Homes staff will find you a house according to your...

Loan Application Paperwork - The Requirements

Here is the list of paperwork requirements when you are applying for vehicle financing in Thailand. For more information on the general requirements and the financing process, visit our car financing page for more details. Depending on your nationality and situation use the following as a guide   Non-Thai Citizen Paperwork to prepare Thai business...

Improve Performance with These Fuel/Oil Additives

Lambda and NanoLub products are highly recommended for cleaning internal engine components, the fuel delivery system, and reconditioning internal engine parts. Lambda engine cleaning and fuel additives have been tested, accredited and awarded the TUV Rheinland mark for their proven quality and effectiveness, tested in cars chosen at random by the T.U.V testing authority to...