Title Services

We can help you manage all the paperwork.

At Expat Auto, we have a full range of title services to assist with all your Department of Land Transport (DLT) needs such as:

  • Ownership transfers
  • Yearly registration/ road tax renewals including smog and safety inspections and/or special yearly inspections for cars registered with alternate fuel systems such as LPG.
  • Change in address both in province, and changing registered province entirely (new plates).
  • Change in vehicle specifications such as engine, paint color, LPG/CNG additions, adding or removing a pickup bed canopy, etc.
  • Vehicle Passports for bordering country travel.


Not a DLT service, but needed for many DLT processes:

  • Certificate of residence from immigration (needed for buying and selling a car if no work permit with your house address in it).


For details on the paperwork required for all of these services, please see the FAQs below.

Title Services FAQs

No you don’t. We will have you sign a power of attorney so you don’t have to waste your day sitting around at the DLT!

Be the first person to like this faq.

We will need the vehicle for the day.  The officers at the DLT will need to inspect the vehicle before ownership transfer can be completed.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Please see the menu above for Expat Autos service fee as well as the DLT fees.  There may be additional paperwork fees if the car has been modified in some ways such as pickups lift kit, etc.

Be the first person to like this faq.

You will need:

  • copy of your passport (picture page, current visa page, departure card, tm-30)
  • Visa valid for minimum 30 days
  • Two 2” pictures with a white background (no hats, glasses, or smiling :).  If you use our service we can take a picture for you.

* Note: You do not need these documents to acquire the alternative option of an affidavit of residency from the US consulate.

Be the first person to like this faq.

If you go through the agent at the immigration office the cost is usually 1000 THB. Alternatively we can also get you one with our service for 500 THB + VAT (includes taking your picture), plus the agent fee of 1000 THB.


You should get your residency certificate within two business days. If you don’t use an agent it can take anywhere from 10-30 business days.

Note: The original document is required for the car ownership process, so you should request extra copies if you need them for other processes such as obtaining a Thai driver’s license, opening a Thai bank account, etc.  However, if you will be doing your driver’s license right after you have the car, we can request a certified copy from the DLT when we do the car ownership transfer so you can avoid the extra fee of an additional residency certificate.

Be the first person to like this faq.

 You don’t have to right away, but if you don’t you won’t get any traffic tickets in the mail.  You cannot extend your yearly road tax/registration with outstanding tickets. However, you can pay for these tickets at the same time as your registration without any penalty fees.


Paperwork - 1) vehicle title book (original), 

2) Passport/ ID copy (picture page, visa, tm-30)

3) valid residency certificate (original) 


* In the case you want to correct the spelling of your name or changing your last name, then additional documents such as an old passport, marriage certificate, or other name change documents will be required.


DLT Fee - approx. 75 THB

EA Service Fee - check here for rates

Vehicle - not required

Be the first person to like this faq.

Yes, the vehicle registration type will need to be changed.


Paperwork - 

1) vehicle title book (original), 

2) Passport/ ID copy (picture page, visa, tm-30)

3) valid residency certificate (original)

4) Certified technician installation certificate


DLT Fee - approx. 150 THB

Other Fee - approx 1000 THB for certified technician installation certificate (unless this is included in your canopy purchase)

EA Service Fee

Vehicle - yes we need it for one day

Be the first person to like this faq.

For all title services except for yearly tax renewals we will need the blue book. 

Be the first person to like this faq.

Contact Us About This Service


Everything you need to know about buying, selling and caring for your car while living in Thailand.

Recommended Businesses

Services You Can Trust In Chiang Mai Join us in supporting local businesses in Chiang Mai that are giving everything they've got to provide invaluable services and support to the community and to their team members. With over 4,000 homes in their database, the Expat Homes staff will find you a house according to your...

Loan Application Paperwork - The Requirements

Loan Application Paperwork & The Requirements Here is the list of paperwork requirements when you are applying for vehicle financing in Thailand. For more information on the general requirements and the financing process, visit our car financing page for more details. Depending on your nationality and situation use the following as a guide   Non-Thai...

Improve Performance with These Fuel/Oil Additives

Improve Performance with These Fuel/Oil Additives Lambda and NanoLub products are highly recommended for cleaning internal engine components, the fuel delivery system, and reconditioning internal engine parts. Lambda engine cleaning and fuel additives have been tested, accredited and awarded the TUV Rheinland mark for their proven quality and effectiveness, tested in cars chosen at random...

New Customers -

Claim Your FREE

500 THB Voucher Now!

We're offering a free 500 THB voucher
for in-store credit for new customers.
Fill out your details and claim now!

After you submit the form above,

schedule a time to

pick up your voucher here!