Selling Your Vehicle Through Us (Cars and Motorcycles)
There are a couple options when considering to sell your car depending on your time-frame.
If you need money right away the first option is to check with us to see if we may be interested to buy your car. If we don’t want to buy it, you could also leave it with us on a very short term basis and we can reach out to our dealer network to try and get you the best wholesale price.
If you have a little more time to work with, we may be able to get you more for your car using our consignment service. We will sell the car for you under one of our car sale classifications depending our your vehicle’s age, mileage, and condition.
For the consignment service, we can help you sell your vehicle whether you will be in country or you will be gone. We will do a consignment agreement and after the sale we will provide you with a full report and transfer the funds to your local or international account.
Consigning your car or motorcycle with Expat Auto gives buyers peace of mind that comes from our pre-sale inspection, and depending on what car class, the pre-sale repair requirements, and our written warranty on parts and labor.
There are a few basic steps in selling your car or motorcycle through us:
- 1) We can make a quick initial assessment as to whether we will take the car in on consignment and give an approximate sale price, but finalization will be dependent on our detailed inspection which can be scheduled right before or after the car is left with us.
- Car makes that we accept: Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Nissan, Mazda, Ford, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet, Suzuki, Kia, Proton, Hyundai, MG, also some European brands such as BMW, Mercedes, etc will be considered.
- We require the vehicle to be left in our care after our inspection unless it is 2 years or newer and still under manufacture warranty.
- We will only take bikes that are fully licensed.
- 2) After our full inspection, we will let you know of the findings and provide an estimate of any findings. Upon approval we can then proceed to perform any discussed repairs and detail the vehicle in preparation for advertising. *For the Bronze sale class, not all repairs are mandatory but may have a few minimum requirements as well as make some recommendations to help sell the vehicle easier. Any items not taken care of will be presented to the potential buyer.
- Note: The seller will also be responsible for cost of ownership transfer fees, road tax if it is within 3 months of expiring at the time of sale.
- 3) We will advertise it on our site in the appropriate section and through other internet channels in order to give your car maximum exposure.
- 4) Service fee: The service fee will be deducted from the sale price of the car when it sells. Please contact us to set up an appointment to discuss the details and options best suited to your vehicle.
- In addition, our service also includes:
- A detailed multi-point vehicle inspection.
- Arrangement of any necessary approved repairs.
- Basic detailing, pictures, and video. *Additional detailing fees will be required if any detailing beyond the basics is required.. ie. upholstery shampooing, headlight lense polishing, paint buffing, etc.
- Advertising on multiple websites.
- Storage and weekly engine start up, battery charging.
- Client scheduling and appointments.
- Sale agreement and ownership transfer service.
- Depending on the car sale class, a warranty to the buyer.
Learn more about the paperwork and transfer fees involved for selling a car here.