Financing can be arrange on most of our vehicles. The basic requirements are:
- Age of the loan applicant may not exceed 65-70 (depends on finance company) during the term of the loan.
- If financing in a foreign name, there are two ways;
1) If you own a business in Thailand and have had a work permit for at least 1 year.
2) If you work for someone else and have had a work permit for at least 3 years.
- For both cases a Thai co-signer with good credit will be required unless you pay at least 50% of financed portion. Both signers must be able to show proof of regular income.
Let us know what car you are interested in and we can find out what the required down payment is excluding insurances (a collision insurance policy and life insurance policy will be required by the financing company, so plan on about another 30-35k THB for those), as well as other details.
Interest rates depend on the age/model of car, amount being financed, and the term of the loan. Current rates at approximately 3-6% per year. Monthly payments will depend on these details. Minimum loan term is 4 years, maximum is 7 years.
The Basic Process
will go something like this. If you agree to the initial terms, we will schedule a meeting with the finance company for you to bring your documents and sign a few papers for the loan application. From here, you will have to wait up to 3 business days to see if the loan is approved. Once the loan is approved, you will come to pay the down payment and insurances at our office. We will then take title book and insurance money to the finance company for them to prepare the ownership transfer documents and issue the insurance. The next business day we can pick up the ownership transfer documents and complete the process with the vehicle at the transport office. You can then can pick up the vehicle the next business day. So in total, you want to plan for approximately 5-7 business days. We have to give the title book to the finance company who will hold onto it until you pay off the loan. Once the loan is paid off, they will assist you to transfer it into your name.