Financing can be arranged on most of our vehicles. The basic requirements are:
- Age of the loan applicant may not exceed 72 years of age during the loan term (shortest loan term is 4 years).
Additional requirements for foreigners
- If financing in a foreign name, there are two ways:
1) If you own a business in Thailand and have had a work permit for at least 1 year.
2) If you work for someone else and have had a work permit for at least 1 year.
- For both cases a Thai co-signer with good credit will be required unless you pay at least 35% of the financed portion and have been in Thailand for at least 2 years. Both signers must be able to show proof of consistent income (non irregular amounts/ payment dates).
For Thai Citizens
- Must be able to show proof of a regular income.
- Non-delinquent credit history
Let us know what car you are interested in and we can find out what the required down payment is excluding insurance. A collision insurance policy and life insurance policy will be required by the financing company (in some cases the insurance can be combined with the car loan).
Interest rates depend on the age/model of car, amount being financed, and the term of the loan. Current rates at approximately 3-6% per year. Monthly payments will depend on these details. Minimum loan term is 4 years, maximum is 7 years.
The Basic Process
- If you agree to the initial terms, we will schedule a meeting with the finance company for you to bring your documents and sign a few papers for the loan application.
- From here, you will have to wait approximately 3 business days (longer in some cases) to see if the loan is approved.
- Once the loan is approved, you will come to pay the down payment and insurance at our office.
- We will then take the title book and insurance money to the finance company for them to prepare the ownership transfer documents and issue the insurance.
- The next business day we can pick up the ownership transfer documents and complete the process with the vehicle at the transport office.
- You can then pick up the vehicle the next business day. So in total, you want to plan for approximately 5-7 business days. We have to give the title book to the finance company who will hold onto it until you pay off the loan. Once the loan is paid off, they will assist you to transfer it into your name.