Welcome to Expat Auto Chiang Mai
We all know that many used car dealers around the world have given the car business a bad name. Some of this comes out of straight up dishonesty, but some of it also comes out of neglect on the part of the seller to fully check what they are selling. Cars have a lot of parts and it takes some expertise to know what you are looking at. We at Expat Auto feel that the reputation of the used car business is unfortunate yet avoidable.
We are here to bring you peace of mind! Founded in 2009, we have the experience to guide you through the sale process. Unlike most car brokers that focus on flipping cars in volume, we are a small business that focuses on quality over quantity.
- We speak English and Thai
- Every car that we sell has been in our possession and undergone our thorough 300 point inspection and prep process.
- We give a 12 month written warranty on parts and labor on our certified cars, see details below.
- Haggle-Free pricing. Get a fair price without the stress of negotiations. Price listed is what you pay with no hidden fees (taxes, transfers, etc are already included).
- Save time! No need for you to come to the transfer office as we will take care of all the paperwork on your behalf.
We hope that we can make buying and selling a vehicle a more pleasant and straight forward experience as it should be.
Expat Auto Certified Pre-owned Vehicles
Before we make our certified cars available for sale they must be put through one of the most comphrehensive inspections in the industry and all necessary repairs are completed before we give our certified stamp of approval and offer our warranty
Inspection and Renewal
300 point Test Drive & Visual Inspection:
- Engine (cylinder compression check on gasoline engines over 70k km, timing belt, leaks from freeze-plugs, gaskets and seals, etc)
- Drive Train (transmission operation, drive shaft seals, universal joints, cv-joints, wheel bearings, etc)
- Steering Components (steering rack, tie rod ends, alignment, etc.)
- Suspension (shocks, ball joints, leaf springs bushings, control arm bushings, etc)
- Brakes & Tires (discs and drums, pads, tire wear, etc)
- Electrical Components (battery, alternator, spark plugs, wiring, etc)
- Lights & Accessories
- Cooling System (radiator, hoses, water pump, fans, etc)
- A/C (temperature, thermostat, controls, etc)
- Exhaust System (mufflers and pipes)
- Paint, Body, and Interior condition
- Fluid levels and quality (motor oil, transmission/gear oils, brakes, power steering, radiator coolant, battery, etc.)
* Mileage is verified to the best of our abilities by checking on available records and evaluating the condition of the car. If we find it has been dialed back, we will let you know up front. If you find new information about the inaccuracy of the mileage after the sale, we will buy the car back!
** We do not sell cars with flood or frame damage.
*** If the car has had any minor scrapes/accidents that were properly repaired, we will point them out to you.
Our certified cars come with a warranty that covers the cost of parts and labor as follows:
1 Year (12 Months) broken into two parts:
Month – Full Comprehenisve Warranty (bumper-to-bumper)
Covers repair or repalacement of any components which fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship:
- Drive Train (transmission)
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Exhaust System
* We also offer an option to extend the initial full warranty to 12 months on vehicles up to 4 years old for an additional fee.
Months – Limited Powertrain Warranty
Covers internally lubricated parts of major engine and drivetrain components:
- Engine (engine block, cylinder head, crankshaft, main and rod bearings, pistons and connecting rods, camshaft, valvetrain, timing gears and chain – timing belt excluded).
- Drivetrain (tranmission gears and internally lubricated parts, drive shafts, universal joints, cv-joints, differential gears, wheel bearings).
We take care of all necessary documentation. We will organize the paperwork and complete the vehicle ownership transfer into your name and make sure all the other taxes have been paid. For your own curiosity, you can learn more about the paperwork and fees here.
We work hard to ensure you get a fair market value without the stress and hassle of negotiations. The price you see is the price you pay, no hidden costs. In addition to the inspection/prep and warranty, the price of the vehicle also includes all road tax/registration (min 3 months left as we cannot extend before this), transport office inspection/ transfer fees, compulsory government insurance, and 7% VAT sales taxes. If you wish to purchase an optional collision insurance policy, we can give you a quote. See more details here.
After Sales Service
After the warranty period we can also service and perform maintenance on the car you bought from us. We seek to develop a long-term relationship to assist with all your automotive needs. We also offer consignment services when you are ready to sell the car again. Don’t forget to check out our products page for other accessories and add-ons.
Contact us today!