Important Classification Summary :
1.-2. Platinum Certified & Gold class - cars have had all repairs done, but differ on warranty level and length because of age or mileage.
3. Silver Class - cars are here primarily because of age or mileage. At a minimum, all repairs related to the engine and drive-train have been repaired. It may or may not have any additional recommended items for repair. Contact us for an estimate on any items that have not been repaired (if any).
4. Bronze Class - is essentially the as-is section in terms of warranty either because of the age/mileage, accident history, or because it may have some recommended repairs. Many of the cars in this section have already had many repairs done and have very few recommended items. Contact us for an estimate on any items that have not been repaired (if any).
*For all four classes of cars above, all have undergone our thorough inspection and for the Silver and Bronze if there are any remaining items that have not been repaired we will provide you with a list of remaining items so you at least have a starting point on the condition. For cars that are 10 years or newer if you would like to have a longer or more extensive warranty, we do have a third party warranty available for purchase - basically car mechanical insurance. More details.
5. Budget Wheels - These are older higher mileage cars that have only gone through a quick basic informal visual inspection and are being sold in a true “as-is” condition without any other information other than what we may have done to it already (if any). We do not have any list of items not done as we have not performed a formal inspection and they do not come with a warranty of any kind. You could pay to have our pre-purchase multi-point inspection done on one of these cars so you have a list of any items that may need attention now or in the near future.
We hope that we can make buying and selling a vehicle a more pleasant and straightforward experience as it should be.
Shop Cars Now or keep reading about our warranty.
Depending on what sale class (Platinum, Gold, etc) the car you are interested in is in, it may come with a warranty that covers the cost of parts and labor.
Details of the warranty levels are below. See the car classification system to see which level and time length your car of interest comes with.
Full Comprehensive Warranty (bumper-to-bumper)
Our Platinum Certified cars are the only car sale class that comes with this 1-month premium coverage.
It covers repair or replacement of any components which fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship:
- Drive Train (transmission)
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Exhaust System
Limited Powertrain Warranty
The limited powertrain warranty covers internally lubricated parts of major engine and drivetrain components. This warranty is provided on our Platinum Certified (12 mo.), Gold (6 mo.), and Silver (3 mo.) cars.
- Engine (engine block, cylinder head, crankshaft, main and rod bearings, pistons and connecting rods, camshaft, valvetrain, timing gears and chain – timing belt excluded).
- Drivetrain (transmission gears and internally lubricated parts, drive shafts, universal joints, cv-joints, differential gears, wheel bearings).
The vehicle must be brought back to the Expat Auto facility in Chiang Mai for warranty claims. The customer is responsible for any fees involved in getting the vehicle back to our facility. For full details of all the terms feel free to request a copy of our sale agreement that has all the fine print.
Please also consider our third-party extended warranty option. All cars have unexpected repairs; get nationwide comprehensive extended coverage from expensive repairs with the Asia Care Add-on warranty option.
Shop Cars Now or keep reading about our process
Paperwork & Documentation
We take care of all necessary documentation such as DLT forms, title, registration, and taxes. Not only that but we also handle the logistics of taking the vehicle to DLT to do the ownership transfer on your behalf.
What you’ll need:
- Passport with valid visa (if you don’t have #2 yet then you’ll need to have at least 30 days min to get one)
- Original residency certificate still within 30-day validity. - Dreading a trip to immigration? Don’t sweat it, we can handle it all for you at our office.
For your own curiosity, you can learn more about the paperwork requirements and DLT fees here. These are included in the purchase price of the car you buy from us.
We can also assist with other paperwork needs such as
All-Inclusive Buying Process
Our sales team members do not work off of commissions, but rather other customer service based incentives so you can be sure their goal is to give honest advice to help you find a car that meets your needs.
We work hard to ensure you get a fair market value without the stress and hassle of negotiations. The price you see is the price you pay, no hidden costs.
In addition to the inspection/prep and warranty, the price of the vehicle also includes all road tax/registration (min 3 months left as we cannot extend before this), transport office inspection/ transfer fees, compulsory government insurance, and 7% VAT sales taxes.
If you wish to purchase an optional (but highly recommended!) collision insurance policy, we can give you a quote. See more details here.
Shop Cars Now or keep reading about other buying services
Other Buying Services
Trade-In or sell us your car
Whether you buy from us or not we may be interested in buying your car. Instead of trying to haggle with sellers and find a buyer, bring your car to us and we'll buy it!
How it works:
- Bring your car in to get a free appraisal.
- Leave your old wheels behind with cash in hand or take up to 7 days to consider the offer.
Find out more now!